Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fish Toothpaste?

Looks pretty wierd huh? Well, I love it. Its not really known here in the USA. But Scandanavian Kaviar is like peanut butter for them out there. Even the little kids gobble it up. Kids in the USA would probably blow chunks if they tried it. I grew up on it. My mom was from Norway and she grew up on it. When I was a kid, she had a penpal from Norway that would ship us fresh tubes all the time. I guess we just grew accustomed to it. Its definately an acquired taste to say the least. Either you like it or you dont. It tasted like ground up cod fish. Salty and fishy is the best way I can describe it. You cant buy it anywere in the USA. I used to have a hook up here in town. Some place called Ta Lin Market had it and I was so excited. Well, my brother in law and I must have been the only ones buying it and they quickly ran out and have not restocked. I was not pleased with that. I am going to have to have a chat with the manager of that store. But first, I need to learn to speak chinese.

1 comment:

craftyrachel said...

Bahahaha!!! Yes, you would indeed have to learn Chinese.

Maybe there are some Norwegian stamping and scrapbooking supplies out there too. I know! Let's go to Norway to check it out...